Chief Ring Stewards: Tony Handford
Entry Fee: $15.00 – Limit 1 horses per rider
Total Prize Money: $700
Led Class: $25 / $15 / $10 (to be judged in Led Section of Program -approx. 9.am)
Dry Work: $25 / $15 / $10
Cattle Work: $25 / $15 / $10
Overall Progressive Score: $175/$125/$100/$75/$50/$25
- Only exhibitors, Judges, Stewards & Committee Members are permitted in the main arena
- No competitors are allowed to enter an event without a completed entry ticket. In the case of pairs or team events only 1 ticket is required
- Prize money will only be paid at the Secretary’s Office after 10am
- NO PRIZE MONEY WILL BE POSTED
Sponsored by Shannonbrook Seeds
- All competitors must pay admittance to the ground.
- Show Hunter Hacks can only compete in Hunter Classes and not the Open Hack classes.
- Breed Classes: Must be registered with the relevant society and exhibitor must be a current financial member – proof may be required to be produced.
- Pleasure Exhibits to be ridden in snaffle bit, cavesson noseband. No whips or spurs permitted
- Stallions and Colts (in stallion classes) must be bitted and double tied. Handlers and Riders must be over 17 years of age.
- Stallions cannot compete with geldings or mares in hack or riding classes.
All entries are accepted at the competitors own risk.
Horses competing in Pony and Galloway events must be classified.
- Competitors in ring events must have horses in the assembly yard no later than 15 minutes prior to the commencement of the roll call, which will take place 5 minutes before the commencement of the event.
- Ring events shall be in the hands of the stewards, if in their opinion the ground condition is such as to make it inadvisable to conduct any or all of the events because of the danger to competitors, they shall convene a meeting comprising the President and Stewards, and a majority decision of the Sub-Committee shall be final.
- Entry fees paid by competitors of events subsequently cancelled shall be refunded but the Committee accepts no responsibility to indemnify competitors in any way for events cancelled under such circumstances.
- The Steward in charge of each Judging Ring has the authority, with the concurrence of the Chief Ring Steward, to exclude any competitor from any or all events in the Show without explanation.
- The Committee will endeavour to run the Show on time, in the event of 2 rings clashing, competitors must decide in which event he/she wishes to compete.
- The Committee has the right to alter or delete any event on the program they deem necessary.
- In all registered classes, registration papers must be available for inspection by the Stewards if required.
- Protests must be submitted to the Chief Ring Steward within half (1/2) hour of the completion of the class – a $20.00 fee will apply.
- Jumping Competitors please note – No prize money will be paid until winner’s grading card has been presented to the Jumping Stewards.
- All Dogs bought onto the Showground must be on a short leash at all times, unless competing, and at all times will be the responsibility of the owner.
- Dress Regulation: All exhibitors/competitors should be suitably attired.
- Measuring: Competitors producing official EFA Measuring Certificates along with registration papers will be accepted without re-measuring:
- Indemnity and Waiver Forms: These must be completed when making entries. Members of the Equestrian Federation of Australia, Australian Driving Society and the Show Horse Council of Australasia Inc. do not have to sign Indemnity Forms, providing they can produce proof of current membership.
- All exhibitors intending to bring electrical equipment onto the Showground will be required to ensure that such equipment is fitted with residual current protection and that all electrical leads, tools and appliances have been inspected by a licensed contractor and are currently tagged.
- ANY PERSON CONSIDERED BEING UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL AND/OR DRUGS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO COMPETE IN ANY EVENT.
“DRUG TESTING MAY BE CARRIED OUT AT THIS SHOW.”
• Stallions should wear official “discs” at all times whilst at the venue.
These discs are to be worn on both sides of head collars and bridles or on same part of the horse
on both sides to identify to others that the horse is a stallion.
• No stallion is to be moved around a venue without displaying the stallion discs and a suitable
restraint. The restraint can be a bridle, a rearing bit or a chain lead rein over the nose or under
• Where possible all stallions are to be stabled. If suitable stabling is not available stallions
need to wear a collar, which is securely tied to the outside of a truck or trailer. Stallions tied
to the outside of truck or trailer MUST be supervised at all times.
• Stallions may be substituted in prize-giving ceremonies with another horse should the rider deem
it to be safer.
• It is recommended that riders and handlers of stallions at shows be over the age of 17 years;
however, it is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to understand the full code of conduct for
stallions at events. With the exception of rule 1.1.8 in the show Horse Rules and Guidelines,
stallions are not permitted in show Horse classes at EA State of Championship events. All
riders/handlers under the age of 17 years must be supervised by an adult/parent/guardian whilst at
• It is the stallion owner’s/rider’s responsibility to ensure that all possible safety precautions
• Floats/trucks that transport stallions should display the official magnet giving notice that
there is a stallion on board.
RING 3 – 8.00am Start
|301||3year and under Colt, Filly or Gelding|
|302||Mare 4 years old and over|
|303||Gelding 4 years old and over|
|304||Stallion 4 years old and over|
|306||Hack 3 years and under – Colt, Filly or Gelding|
|307||Mare Hack over 4 years|
|308||Gelding Hack over 4 years|
|309||Stallion Hack over 4 years|
|310||Stock Horse Hack ridden by child 17 years and under|
CHAMPION and RESERVE CHAMPION ASH HACK
|311||Working Colt, Filly or Gelding – 3 years and under|
|312||Working Mare 4 years old and over|
|313||Working Gelding 4 years old and over|
|314||Working Stallion 4 years old and over|
|315||Working Stockhorse ridden by child 17 years and under|
CHAMPION and RESERVE CHAMPION WORKING ASH