The cattle were an outstanding lot. More than 100 Jerseys were paraded and A.C. Cowan of Tatham put up a record by annexing the two championships and reserve championships, 13 firsts and eight seconds.
In Ayrshires George Cowan won champion cow and won reserve in the bull class, also first and second in the butterfat competition.
Arrangements were made by the Department of Railways for reduced fare to passengers to Casino and South Casino stations during the period of the show.
The 1955 show proved an outstanding success, when over 8,000 people attended the show on the main day.
This was the first show at Casino for 14 years, and with gate takings amounting to 900 pounds on Saturday the success of the show was assured.
The new Casino showground, situated at the racecourse, is claimed by the society to be the largest showground area in the state. The main ring is claimed to be even larger than the main ring of the Sydney Showground.
Casino's first show under lights drew thousands of people to the showground.
The huge crowd bumped the gate takings for the two-day show up to 1056 pounds, twice as much as from the year before.
The new 4800 pound lighting system, described as the best on any showground in NSW, was officially turned on by the Mayor, Ald. Manyweathers.
The highlight of this show was the opening of the new grandstand, which cost $10,000 and replaced the old wooden stand that was destroyed by fire two years prior.
For two years the shows were held without a stand and the Jockey and Turf clubs held their cup meetings at the Lismore track.